GONG LESSON 1
THE WELL-PLAYED GONG
When the player of the gong is correctly playing the gong there is no player. A state of non-locality will exist in the consciousness of the player when the subconscious automatic self of the Cerebellum or ‘little brain’ takes over and allows the conscious mind to be selfless.
The personal identity is trans-personalized.
This state when experienced is called the soul abode of the neutral self, the Self Abiding in Satya, Nirvana or Truth Love.
The healing power of the gong becomes a river flowing to this place.
In yoga, right gong playing is the 4th State of Consciousness or “Turiya”. Turiya is an optimum healing state. The first three states are: 1. Awake 2. Dreaming 3. Sleeping and 4th is totally awake while totally asleep, Turiya meaning when the Ego is Gone, the Self has come. It is the yoga of the gong and the power of its holistic resonance.
When we become mindful of being mindless then our neutral minds can contemplate more on something like our intentions and suggestions and become more powerful. Energies that are spiritually healing when released are allowed to then flow out to everyone.
We are only now beginning to understand what happens in the brain’s network of synapses when certain neurons resonate in patterns.
We know that the healing gong tone field switches certain cerebral genes on almost at once as its quazi-periodic pressure waves enter the brain/mind’s self consciousness and synapses begin to resonate in synchronous patterns.
Practicing Gong Consciousness is considered to be following the Pathless Way of the Gong.
WAY OF THE GONG (5 AREAS)
1. Methods of Playing Gong, Bell, Bowl, & Conch
The Way of the Gong Story, History, Myth, Prophesies, & Lineages
2. Gong therapy for the Mind, Giving the Gong Bath &
Gong Master Ethics, Basic Music Education for Gong Masters
3. World Peace, and Sruti Box Songs, Overtoning, Mantra Sutra, Ceremonies of Improvisation & Instrumental Divination
4. Starhenge, Sacred Stone Geometry and Divination, The Musical Geometry of Sacred Tone
5. Yoga of Holistic Resonance
GONG MASTER TRAINING
The Way of the Gong teaching accommodates both beginner and intermediate. In the introductory training all subjects are experientially covered, but the intermediate includes deeper more intensive study.
1. The Art and Skill of Playing Gong and Bowl
2. Leading Gong Meditations and Therapeutic Gong Baths
3. The Art and Skill of Over-Toning, Mantra and Shruti Singing.
4. Dane Rhudyar’s Philosophy and Science of Syntonic Music. Deeper Metaphysical and Esoteric Studies.
Hard Scientific Research in sound.
5. Sacred Tone Improvisations, Spiritual Free Jazz, Public Ceremony and Healing Performance.
6. Reading the Chi-meter and Knowing Universal Correspondences including Color, Tone, Chakra, Astrology, etc.
7. Starhenge Geometry, Stone Circle Construction and Divination.
8. Kundalini Kriya Gong Yoga Exercises, Breath and Meditation.
The Field of Training in the Art and Craft of Gong Playing
In order to establish a closer rapport with the Higher Creative Intelligence within the Gong, spiritual mechanics and physical techniques must first be learned.
Everyone has a unique gift to humanity and to nature. Although this makes each gong player special, there are other held-in-common areas to study that can make the “gong master proper” and which are essential to full mastery.
It is the gong’s holistic power that comes through you when you play in the state of Turiya (neutrality) and it is that which dominates the process of ‘sounding’. In this Samadhic state we are in primordial Akashic territory wherein the Higher Creative Spirit takes charge.
The gong master acts as a funnel for a wide embrace of primal resonances and energies.
It is a question of whether one is in a state of “awareness of awareness” or not in order to maximize what the late philosopher musician artist astrologer Dane Rudhyar calls the Syntonic Consciousness; a mind which synthesizes diverse elements into a functional harmony of tone resonances, like the dissimilar metallic elements composing a gong.
I Intro II Beginning III Intermediate IV Advanced
I Novice II Apprentice III Journeyman IV Craftsman
A Fully Certified Gong Therapist and Teacher is one who has reached the 4th and final stage of certification and confirmation in the gong training program and is an active Journeyman Gong Master with the following knowledge:
1. Gong, Bowl, Conch Playing
2. Diverse Systems of Meditation
3. Overtone Singing and Nada Mantra Sutra
4. Other Systems of Esoteric Origins, Crystal/gem/Aroma/Bach Flowers, etc.
5. Ceremonial Gong, Social gong rites, Sacred Tone Improvisation
6. Color, Sound, Chakra, Meridian Correspondence, The Chiometer
7. Yoga and the Completed Kriya
8. The Starhenge Mandala Sacred Geometry, Geomantrics, and Divination